Welcome to TahoeFRC.org, the online home of the South Lake Tahoe Family Resource Center. The mission of the Center is: “To enable individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency and economic stability, to develop resilience in both parents and children, and to allow families to become a contributing part of the community.” We work with the community to support learning, foster parent engagement, and promote wellness for all ethnicities and back grounds. We are a school based, public benefit, not for profit CA corporation, with support from Lake Tahoe Unified School District, Lake Tahoe Community College and El Dorado County Mental Health Dept. We are open every week day of the year from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM except national holidays and the last week in December. Please stop in to check out our programs, talk to staff or pick up a loaf of bread.
Programs offered include:
- Bilingual peer counseling to assist with life’s challenges
- Bilingual advocacy, and translations for a variety of issues including mental wellness, educational success, healthy living, navigating the health care system, job searches, and other resilience building activities.
- Weekly Latino parent groups at each school called Cafecitos
- Daily ESL classes in partnership with the Lake Tahoe Community College
- Weekly bread distribution Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00
- Monthly emergency food assistance through the State of CA on the second Friday of each month
- Free clothing for children and adults in need
- Spanish language parent training classes with childcare available through LTCC
- Children’s therapy groups called Parabajitos (For the Little Ones), summer learning opportunities
- Eight Station Computer Learning Lab open to adults in the morning and children after school
- Yearly free legal clinics through One Justice, and support for identification through the Mexican Consulate
- We operate the Bookworks, a used book store at Lakeview Plaza, with volunteers and community donations
- Seasonal outings for kids and families
- In partnership with the schools, we assist in linking scholarships for sports
Programs we are working on providing:
- In conjunction with Gardens 4 a Healthy Tahoe, the garden project has begun.